What Hael Knows
PROJECT MANAGEMENT / PLANNING
Successful project management not only relies on a standard set of tools but it also requires experience to handle the unexpected. Hael has successfully executed a range of efforts from large-scale enterprise system upgrades to complex data-driven websites. Employing a philosophy of “servant leadership,” Hael collaborates with team members to ensure quality project deliverables are executed.
Effective communication is not simply a means of transferring information clearly and concisely but it must also account for the perspective and diversity of the intended audience as well as the channel by which it’s delivered. Whether it’s a status report to project stakeholders or a simple email, Hael meticulously creates each communication ensuring that the message is direct, succinct and focused.
PROCESS / WORKFLOW
In order for a project to be successful it cannot only rely on the execution of its tasks but it must be built on a strong structural foundation. An effective workflow creates a mechanism for projects to be efficiently executed in order to ensure the success of future efforts. Hael develops effective workflows and processes that are implemented with careful consideration paid to their structure and the individuals involved.
USER INTERFACE / EXPERIENCE
User Interface & User Experience design requires creating a unique balance between the aesthetic and functional dimensions of the digital world. Regardless if it’s a comprehensive wireframe or a simple sitemap, Hael executes this theory by delivering an end-product that achieves the project requirements, incorporates the end user’s perspective while providing a solid foundation for the next stage of development.
How Hael Does It
MS Office, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Harvest, Basecamp, JIRA, Confluence
HTML, CSS, XML, SQL, WordPress
Design & UI / UX
Adobe Creative Suite, Axure RP, OmniGraffle
Smartsheet, MS Project, Trello, FastTrack
What makes Hael distinctive is the breadth of his experience within the design, software development and project management industries. Hael’s desire is to combine this expertise and knowledge to deliver the best solution for his clients and their audiences. Based in New York City, he tweets about his digital passions including effective UI/UX issues, progressive web design and emerging technologies as well as his special interest in urban planning and mobile applications. Also, he loves coffee and Pringles (not necessarily at the same time).
Hael has been vegan for over 10 years, which has shaped his perspective on our world today. While Hael does enjoy tasty Thai takeout, he’s often in the kitchen creating a favorite comfort food dish.
Hael has had a love affair with music ever since he was a child. While being pretty much tone deaf, Hael has a deep passion for uncovering new artists and sharing these discoveries with his friends and coworkers.
Hael is always sporting some sort of dapper facial hair. After winning several compettions, Hael has since retired from the sport of competitive bearding.
Hael has been a long time admirer of bulldogs. Currently the father of a 55 lb. English Bulldog, Hartley. Hael maintains a dogged determination to remain calm when encountering his stubborn disposition.
2018 - Present
CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR PRODUCER (Freelance)
New York, NY
- Serve as the single point of client-contact for all project communications and reporting
- Responsible for all of projects activities: planning, strategic development, creative development and production
- Produce and arrange timelines in collaboration with all relevant departments, account services and external partners
- Schedule and lead all meetings and distill recaps, detailed action items and deliverables
2016 - 2018
CREATIVE MANAGER (Contract)
New York, NY
- Developed inventive, multifaceted solutions tailored to stakeholders’ objectives through print collateral, digital graphics and videos
- Contributed creative input for project elements including overall campaign theme, messaging and art direction
- Planned and executed all event components including theme concept, environmental graphics, venue coördination and vendor engagement
- Managed the workload of a global team of over 20 designers and art directors ensuring projects were resourced appropriately
- Developed and implemented workflow improvements which increased the quality of deliverables and provided better project reporting
2014 - 2016
PROJECT MANAGER, CLIENT ENGINEERING & SUPPORT
New York, NY
- Collaborated with clients and the engineering team to develop extensive product customizations and enhancements
- Supervised a team of support specialists; providing technical training, mentoring and career development
- Investigated and resolved customer-initiated issues through in-depth analysis by creating custom SQL queries
- Reported, managed and tracked all system issues, change requests and bugs utilizing standard tracking tools
2013 - 2014
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY / PROJECT MANAGER
New York, NY
- Recommended strategic technical direction for prospective projects and defined effective project solutions
- Developed comprehensive and robust documentation including business requirements, system specifications, detalied wireframes and sitemaps
- Executed all projects from conception to implementation; including budgeting, scheduling, and vendor management
- Maintained in-house technical infrastructure, hardware and software as well as implemented internal workflow solutions
2011 - 2013
- Directed the development of a multi-faceted solution comprised of a custom ASP.NET CMS solution with multiple data point integrations, ecommerce functionality and a user portal
- Designed a custom content management system with direct responsibility for the creation of the wireframes and technical documentation
- Collaborated with the development and architecture teams to ensure an appropriate technical solution was developed that adhered to the customer’s requirements
- Supervised an off-shore development team managing their work assignments, time tracking and conducting daily scrum sessions
2006 - 2011
PROJECT MANAGER II
- Managed several highly visible, multi-million dollar enterprise wide efforts that impacted multiple business units
- Directed execution activities utilizing standard SDLC methodologies and applying PMO’s development criteria
- Led a cross-functional project team of 30 members comprised developers, testers, vendors and business analysts
- Facilitated bi-weekly status meetings with project sponsors, Directors, Vice Presidents and CIO
2005 - 2006
PRINT PRODUCTION ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER
- Provided technical sales support, conducted analysis and developed workflow solutions
- Deployed new customer software implementations including data extractions/migrations
- Onboarded new clients; set-up accounts, trained users and provided daily operational support
- Developed specifications for system enhancements with correlating user documentation
HOW HAEL CONTRIBUTES
2012 - 2014
The H&HHS has a mission to research and record the history of Upper Manhattan as well as promote unique neighborhoods of Harlem and Washington Heights.
2014 - Present
The GCBA aims to promote tolerance and acceptance of all facial hair. The GCBA desires to help our local community, through donations from events planned by GCBA or volunteering at non-facial hair related events.
Hael will be in touch with you in a bit.
(Close this thing)